Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Let's Be Serious: Instant Pot Talk

What is this?  Two posts in one week?  I actually have more planned.  I promise I'm not sick. Ha.  Anyway, I wanted to talk to about this lovely invention called the Instant Pot.


I first heard about the Instant Pot from a blogger. I honestly don't remember which one.  She recommended it because it was awesome apparently. I was really skeptical at first.  I mean this cooker has a cult following.  People take this thing to the park to prepare meals.  Some people hoard them like cats.  I was also a bit skeptical because it's a pressure cooker and I do recall the time ours exploded and beans were everywhere.  In fact, there are still beans under the paint on the ceiling.

And if I'm honest here, I didn't even buy this thing.  Erik did because he was ashamed of our old crockpot.  He didn't want to take it to school when we needed it for movie night.  It took a bit of learning to figure out how to use it, but it's so worth it!  I use my Instant Pot at least twice a week.  I use it for rice, chicken, soups, anything really.  I actually made a one pot meatloaf and mashed potatoes that the kids loved.  I can make pulled pork that falls apart in an hour.  The meat is never ever dry.  Cleanup is simple.  I just put the stainless steel pot in the dishwasher.  The only thing I can say that's bad about the Instant Pot is that its not the best at slow cooking.  I think the crockpot is much better suited for that even if it is 16 years old and the handles are broken off.  

I highly recommend this thing.  It makes meal prep so easy and so fast.  Oh and there are tons of recipes out there you can try! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails