Thursday, June 5, 2014

You're Gonna Miss This

The other day, I had the boys with me while I ran errands.  I usually leave them at home with Erik or my mom, but the cleaning lady was at the house so we were all out.  I had to run to Target to pick up some stuff.  We had just been to Erik's grandparent's house where they loaded the boys up with Root Beer and candy.  Needless to say, the sugar kicked in.  They were running around like animals.  I started to get really frustrated, but then I realized this time, it will be over way too quickly.  I won't be wrangling children around the store for very much longer.  Wolfie will be 11 in a week.  We are over halfway done parenting him.  It's gone so fast, faster than the blink of an eye.  So, while I did have to yell at them because I had to be a responsible parent, I didn't let the frustration reach me.  So it took 20 minutes to pick out a can of Lysol as Wolfie decided to spray it into his hand to test the scent.  That meant a trip to the bathroom to wash his hands.  Then after all of that, we got back to the aisle and JoJo had to go to the bathroom (I had asked him when Wolfie went in if he needed to go), so we marched back to the bathroom.

It's just so easy to get frustrated and caught up in the daily things like laundry and a clean house.  But it doesn't matter in the end.  I have to admit, I'm not the most neat freakish person (insert gasp).  I would rather not yell and nitpick at my kids to do continuous chores or worry about wet footprints on a newly mopped floor.  I don't want to worry that mud might get tracked in.  Because floors, they can be swept and mopped.  Clothes, they can be washed, folded, and put away.  But childhood, it lasts only for a brief time.  Soon enough, our house will be quiet and clean.  And it will be just Erik and I, and yes, we will miss this time.  The time of yelling, fighting, laundry, messes, laughter, giggling, and a huge amount of love.
Feeding the Tarantula





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails